Life Lessons from John: When God Became Man (Paperback)
John had been there. With Jesus when he went among the people and loved them. And John could still hear the words: I am the light of the world...I am the door...I am the way, the truth, the life... So, when John wrote his account of Jesus' life, he wrote so that others may believe and have life in Jesus' name.
Join beloved author Max Lucado as he opens John's Gospel to see through John's eyes this saving Son of Man. As you read, study, journal, and discuss the book of John, watch for these key themes that Max will unpack throughout the book:
- Jesus was and is eternally present in spirit.
- While Jesus was on earth, he communicated with many kinds of people about his mission.
- Jesus performed many miracles to show the nature of his love and power.
- Jesus prepared his followers for the future by promising them the presence of the Holy Spirit.
The Life Lessons with Max Lucado series brings the Bible to life in twelve lessons filled with intriguing questions, inspirational stories, and poignant reflections to take you deeper into God's Word. Each lesson includes:
- An opening reflection on the Bible book you're studying.
- Background information to deepen your understanding of the cultural and historical setting.
- An excerpt of the text (from the NIV and the NKJV).
- Exploration questions with plenty of room to write your own thoughts and notes.
- Inspirational thoughts from Max as well as a closing takeaway for further reflection.
The Life Lessons series is ideal for use in both a small-group setting or for individual study.
About the Author
With more than 130 million products in print, Max Lucado is America's bestselling inspirational author. He serves the Oak Hills Church in San Antonio, Texas, where he lives with his wife, Denalyn, and their mischievous mutt, Andy.