Alpha-Mania Adventures: Slomo's Secret Treasure: A Blending Book (Pirates #2) (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 2 in the Pirates series.
- #1: Alpha-Mania Adventures: Captain Ray and the Rhyming Pirates: A Rhyming Book (Paperback): $10.99
- #4: Alpha-Mania Adventures: The Splitter Critter and the Greedy Pirates: A Segmenting Book (Paperback): $10.99
- #5: Alpha-Mania Adventures: The Great Riddle Race: A Sound Manipulation Book (Pirates #5) (Paperback): $10.99
Alpha-Mania Adventures is an innovative five-book series that ignites imagination and gives pre-reading children the foundation to become successful readers in the future. These exciting and colorful stories are the perfect tools to teach pre-reading skills through play. Storytime at home or in the classroom becomes fun and educational.
Each adventure combines the heroic quests of five intrepid kids with phonological awareness and phonics, the first two components necessary to become a good reader.
Slomo's Secret Treasure (Book 2 of 5) practices blending. Blending involves listening to a sequence of separate word parts or phonemes, and combining them to form a word.
The story: In this book, the Alpha-Maniacs discover a mysterious treasure map on the shores of Letter Lagoon. As they follow the directions to find the hidden riches, they encounter a shadowy sloth who speaks vvvverrrry sssslllloooowly. The clever kids must use their blending skills to interpret the sloth's secretive speech and reveal the mystery behind the treasure.
Every Alpha-Mania Adventures book includes:
- An introduction to phonological awareness and tips to use the book to its maximum benefit
- An exciting story that will charm young audiences
- A Find the Hidden Objects phonics activity embedded in the illustrations
- Bonus Activities related to phonological awareness, phonics, and/or letter formation
- Easy-to-use guides on Letter Sounds and/or Letter Formation
Join the Alpha-Maniacs on their second of five phonological pirate adventures with Slomo's Secret Treasure