Season of Skulls: A Novel in the World of the Laundry Files (Hardcover)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 13 in the Laundry Files series.
- #1: The Atrocity Archives (A Laundry Files Novel #1) (Paperback): $15.00
- #2: The Jennifer Morgue (A Laundry Files Novel #2) (Paperback): $22.00
- #3: The Fuller Memorandum (A Laundry Files Novel #3) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #4: The Apocalypse Codex (A Laundry Files Novel #4) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #5: The Rhesus Chart (A Laundry Files Novel #5) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #6: The Annihilation Score (A Laundry Files Novel #6) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #8: The Delirium Brief: A Laundry Files Novel (Paperback): $14.99
- #9: The Labyrinth Index (Laundry Files #9) (Hardcover): Email or call for price
- #10: Dead Lies Dreaming (Laundry Files #10) (Hardcover): Email or call for price
- #11: Quantum of Nightmares (Laundry Files #11) (Paperback): $18.99
- #12: Escape from Yokai Land: A Laundry Files Novella (Hardcover): $19.99
Season of Skulls continues Hugo Award-winning author Charles Stross's Lovecraftian Laundry Files series.
Welcome to the sunlit uplands of the 21st century! Britain's avuncular Prime Minister is an ancient eldritch god of unimaginable power. Crime is plummeting as almost every offense is punishable by death. And everywhere you look, there are people with strange powers, some of which they can control, and some, not so much.
Hyperorganized and formidable, Eve Starkey defeated her boss, the louche magical adept and billionaire Rupert de Montfort Bigge, in a supernatural duel to the death. At least, she has reason to hope he's dead. But though she's now in charge of the Bigge Corporation, she's not free of him yet. Through the fecklessness of her brother Imp, combined with the intricate feudal law of a tiny Channel Island, it would appear that unbeknownst to her, she was married to Bigge--and that proving his death and releasing herself from his arcane bindings will take years and cost millions.
Then an emissary of the Prime Minister arrives with an offer that she absolutely can't...well, you know.
This is the final novel in the trilogy that began with Dead Lies Dreaming and continued with Quantum of Nightmares.
About the Author
CHARLES STROSS (he/him) is a full-time science fiction writer and resident of Edinburgh, Scotland. He has won three Hugo Awards for Best Novella, including for the Laundry Files tale “Equoid.” His work has been translated into over twelve languages. His novels include the bestselling Merchant Princes series, the Laundry series (including Locus Award finalist The Dilirium Brief), and several stand-alones including Glasshouse, Accelerando, and Saturn's Children.
Like many writers, Stross has had a variety of careers, occupations, and job-shaped catastrophes, from pharmacist (he quit after the second police stakeout) to first code monkey on the team of a successful dot-com startup (with brilliant timing, he tried to change employers just as the bubble burst) to technical writer and prolific journalist covering the IT industry. Along the way he collected degrees in pharmacy and computer science, making him the world’s first officially qualified cyberpunk writer.