Good Housekeeping The Best-Ever Cookie Book: 175 Tested-'til-Perfect Recipes for Crispy, Chewy & Ooey-Gooey Treats (Hardcover)
A cookie for every craving: From classics like chocolate chips to decadent delights (hello, skillet cookie sundae), this collection will become your go-to baking book.
Everyone loves a cookie! Whether you go right to the chocolate or are more of a buttery shortbread fan, there's a special cookie here just for you. The Good Housekeeping Test Kitchen presents their best-ever, tested-‘til-perfect recipes so you can find your soulmate in sweetness. Plus, a chapter devoted to holiday cookies will become your favorite for celebrations all year round.
• BAKE YOUR BEST COOKIES: Classic Sugar Cookie Dough, Spice Cookie Dough, Royal Icing, tips for decorating like a pro, and gifting and sharing cookies
• DROP COOKIES: Strawberry-Oatmeal Cookies, Glazed Sourdough Snickerdoodles, Razzy-Jammy Thumbprints, Ginger Crinkles
• SLICE & BAKE COOKIES: Matcha Cookies, Chocolate-Pistachio Slice & Bakes, Lemon Icebox Cookies, Lime & Coconut Coins, Pecan Crescent Cookies
• BARS, BLONDIES & BROWNIES: Millionaire Shortbread, Orange-Turmeric Squares, Brown Butter Hazelnut Blondies, Double-Stuffed Brownies
• SPECTACULAR COOKIE CREATIONS: Alfajores, Apple Pie Rugelah, Homemade Honey Graham Crackers, Cookie Shooters, Homemade Fudgy Ice Cream Sandwiches, Skillet Cookie Sundaes, Walnut Biscotti
• HOLIDAY COOKIES: Chinese Almond Cookies, Jammin’ Heart Cookies, Hamantaschen, Nan-e Berenji, Lemon Curd Egg Cookies, Chocolate Dipped Macaroons, Coffin Sandwich Cookies, Nankhatai, Gingerbread Sandwich Cookies, Fruitcake Crisps
Whether you're baking for a special occasion or just for a sweet treat, you'll find tons of inspiration from the gorgeous photographs, clever ideas from the Test Kitchen editors (including gifting tips to pack them like a pro!), and inventive variations that all come out perfectly every single time.
About the Author
Good Housekeeping is a leading lifestyle media brand inspiring a monthly audience of 58M readers--including more than 6M social media followers.
Jane Francisco is the editor-in-chief of Good Housekeeping and the Editorial Director of the Hearst Lifestyle Group where she oversees and develops content across multiple platforms for Good Housekeeping, Women's Day, Dr. Oz The Goodlife and Prevention. Jane lives with her husband and son in New Jersey.
The Good Housekeeping kitchen team offers up their aptly named collection of sublime cookie recipes, featuring “fresh-from-the-oven” favorites oozing with ingenuity and flavor. Organized by method—from drop and “slice and bake” to bars and brownies and beyond—there are treats for every occasion and palate, explained in thorough but not overwhelming detail…. This is sure to raise the bar for bake sales, cookie swaps, and holiday baking.
—Publishers Weekly, starred review