Second Grade Math With Confidence Instructor Guide (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 7 in the Math with Confidence series.
- #1: Kindergarten Math With Confidence Instructor Guide (Paperback): Email or call for price
- #2: Kindergarten Math With Confidence Student Workbook (Paperback): $18.95
- #3: Kindergarten Math With Confidence Bundle: Instructor Guide & Student Workbook (Paperback): Email or call for price
- #4: First Grade Math with Confidence Bundle: Instructor Guide & Student Workbook (Paperback): $51.90
- #5: First Grade Math with Confidence Instructor Guide (Paperback): $32.95
- #6: First Grade Math with Confidence Student Workbook (Paperback): $18.95
- #8: Second Grade Math with Confidence Student Workbook (Paperback): $23.95
- #9: Second Grade Math with Confidence Bundle (Paperback): $62.90
A scripted, open-and-go program that will have you teaching math confidently--even if you’ve never taught math before.
From popular math educator Kate Snow, this easy-to-use program will give parents the tools they need to teach Math with Confidence—even if they’ve never taught math before. Short, engaging, and hands-on lessons will help children develop a strong understanding of Second Grade math, step by step.
- reading, writing, and comparing numbers to 1000
- adding and subtracting 2- and 3-digit numbers
- solving addition and subtraction word problems
- telling time, counting money, and measuring length
- reading graphs, identifying 2-D and 3-D shapes, and understanding simple fractions
Children will develop both strong number sense and a positive attitude toward math with fun activities like Pretend Restaurant, Measurement Tag, and Fraction Bump. All you’ll need are this Instructor Guide, the Student Workbook, and simple household items (like play money, base-ten blocks, a clock, and a ruler) to make math come alive for children.
- Short, hands-on, and developmentally-appropriate lessons
- Games and pretend activities make math fun
- Easy to use, with clear directions and explanatory notes
- Delightful (and optional) weekly enrichment lessons, with picture book recommendations and real-life math extension activities
- Memory work and daily review to ensure children retain what they’ve learned and master essential skills
About the Author
Kate Snow is a math educator on a mission to help parents raise kids who are capable and confident in math. With experience as a homeschool parent, classroom teacher, and curriculum writer, she holds a B.A. in Mathematics from Harvard University and an M.S. in Elementary Education from Walden University. Kate is the author of Preschool Math at Home: Simple Activities to Build the Best Possible Foundation for Your Child, the Math Facts That Stick series and the Math with Confidence elementary and middle school curriculum. She writes at kateshomeschoolmath.com.